When you are a homeowner and designing your own space, every little detail is important. From the painting on the wall to all the kitchen and toilet fixtures, it all needs to be planned and designed so that it is cohesive.
Window treatments are one of them. Windows are a great idea because there are many designs and colors you can choose from so that they will surely fit in with whatever design you had in mind. They are also inexpensive and will last for many years. You can read the list below for some tips on choosing the right blind, then check out https://www.makemyblinds.co.uk/ for some of the best blinds in the market today.
1. Choose the amount of shade and light you want from the blinds – The first thing you want to think about is how much sunlight do you want in the room. For some, they prefer their bedrooms dark so that they will not be woken up by the sunlight streaming in their faces. But for others, they prefer the opposite. If you prefer no sunlight for those times you want to sleep in, consider getting the blackout blinds, but if not you can go for the regular ones.
2. Consider the room where you will place it – Blinds are not just the bedroom, you can put them anywhere, including the bathroom. But when you are placing blinds in a room that be humid such as the bathroom or kitchen, do consider getting one that is not made of a material that can rot or rust.
3. Make sure it fits with the design and style of the room – Before choosing the blinds, look at the room where you will place it. Even if you are choosing a neutral color for your blinds, the design can also affect how the room will look. These days there are many designs to choose from, you can still go for the regular Venetian blinds, but you might also want to consider others like the roller blinds.
4. Do proper measurements first before buying the blinds – Don’t think that all window sizes are the same. You need to make sure that you have taken the proper measurements before you start buying some blinds. Use your tape measure and measure from top to bottom and left to right using millimeters. Do not use fabric tape as they can stretch and will not give you an accurate measurement.
5. If you have children, choose blinds that would be safe around them – If you have children or your house is frequented by children, make sure that none of the window blinds you are thinking of will pose a safety risk. There have been reports of young kids choking or getting strangled by the cords from blinds so never put them in a room where you kids will be. You can look for blinds that have no cords in order to eliminate this risk if you want.